Launch/Expand your jewelry business
Why should your jewelry business sell online?
Factors that contribute to the growth of the online jewelry business in India:
Given the potential of the online jewelry market, it is a must for a Jeweller in India to build an online presence.
Blended /Omnichannel retail is the best way forward
The omnichannel model is the practice of reaching customers via multiple channels or touchpoints with the sole aim to offer them a seamless experience.
1. Research Ecommerce websites that sell online
Pick out some striking strategies and note them down. For example, you can check out the jewelry design rendering and animation by students of J K Diamonds Institute. You might want to use those to fit your brand. Also, note down those that do not seem to make a difference. Mistakes are better avoided. Before hopping on to a new venture, learn from existing examples.
2. Determine necessary functionality for your site:
To make sure that your online store is set up for success, you’ll need to ensure the availability of the following site functionalities:
- User-friendly web design.
- Mobile optimization
- High-resolution jewelry product snaps and marketing content
- Social media integration
- SEO features and fully customizable URLs
- Product management tools Eg. Asana, Trello, API Fuse
- Promotional campaign management
- Cross-sell and up-sell capabilities Eg. Recommended tab in amazon, or customers also bought this, etc.
- Detailed shipping options
- Security features
- Advance payments
- Clear return policy and FAQ
These are essential functions for your online business. They support your marketing strategy, frontend and backend operations, and security measures. With a support system like this one, managing your online jewelry business will be easier than ever. Win-win for both- your customers and your business!
3. Product Catalogue
4. Launch your eCommerce website
5. Integrate payments with your current business
6. Develop a system for integrating product inventory
There are two easy options when it comes to product inventory integration.
1. If your product catalog is small, you can simply use the product inventory management tool supported by your e-commerce platform of choice. Oftentimes, it’s as simple as completing a bulk upload of your items, which you can then go in and edit.
2. If your product catalog is larger and your business operates via omnichannel, you may find more success managing inventory through your tool that automatically updates as soon as an item is sold, either through retail or online. Real time inventory should be visible to the jeweller as well as the customer. This way, you can monitor all sales and get more granular data on how your business performs online versus offline
Here’s how we can save some inventory cost effectively:
out shipping and fulfillment
Moreover, if you are a JK student then you can directly access a list of logistics companies including their contact details from Alumni Connect portal on the Learnathon app.
Depending on the size of your team, product catalog, and order flow, you may handle shipping and fulfillment entirely in-house.
This decision is a key component of your plan to start selling online.
You also need to decide how your items will be packaged. This is an extension of your brand and options vary depending on fulfillment type. In efforts to communicate brand values or to connect with customers, companies have begun to pay more attention to detail on sustainable packaging, “unboxing experiences” often shared on social media, and may even invest in customized packing materials.
8. Create processes for dealing with online sales and customer service
a. Social Media
b. Paid advertising
c. Get email subscribers
d. Optimise your site for SEO and create a content marketing strategy
e. Integrate Whatsapp to your Ecommerce Store
While running an eCommerce store, the most
difficult task is to convert your site visitor into long-term customers and
make a profit through sales. Using a WhatsApp chatbot for your eCommerce site
will automate the process of resolving the queries of the customer. It will
also give relief to your customer care team from the irrelevant customer
queries along with the improvement in efficiency.
Some of the benefits of WhatsApp Chatbot in your eCommerce store are
- Customers can do real-time conversations without delay and get instant answers to the queries
- ECommerce companies can assist the customer to communicate on their favorite platform and improve their shopping experience.
- The customers are able to take quick actions for the answers they are getting from the WhatsApp chatbot
- Build trust and loyalty among customers
- End-to-End Encryption in WhatsApp assures highly secure communication
- Better brand recognition