Diploma in Gemology (Blended Learning)
Want to be a gemologist? Learn and understand the variety of gemstones, their properties, specialities, value and pricing, and ways to identify the stones. Online & Offline training to offer the best of learning experience.
Course in collaboration with
LEARN GEMOLOGY ONLINE & OFFLINE
EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT THE WORLD OF COLORFUL GEMSTONES
This gemology course trains you to practically identify a wide range of gemstones. Expertise in concepts such as grading, sorting, and factors influencing valuation of precious, semi-precious, organic and rare gemstones using advanced gemological techniques and instruments.
Join the Learnathon
E-Book + Articles
Access detailed and interactive E-Book for gem study with several highlighting and notes features for a lasting learning experience.
Online learning and training have become an essential part of our society. Learnathon's emphasis in practical training gives you leading edge.
Blended Learning Online + Offline
6 Weeks online + 1 Week Campus Training. Assuring hands on knowledge with practical Gemology sessions with tools and equipment
Experience and Expeditions
Gem Industry / Market visit such as filed trips / mines / Gem museums / exhibition / Jewelry or gem manufacturing units / workshops.
Become a Market expert
Enhance students ability to perform while buying, selling, trading of colored stones & networking.
Business / startup advisory as well as professional advice including placement assistance.
- Gemstone Buyer
- Gemstone Assorter
- Gemstone Broker
- Jewelry Buyer
- Jewelry Manufacturer
- Importer / Exporter
- Retailer / Showroom Owner
- Lab Owner
"Learning at J K Diamonds was a fruitful experience with more pratical training and personal attention. After completing the course here, I confidently launched my own testing laboratory."
VENUS TESTING LABORTORY
"J K Diamonds is extremely reputed in the market and there is no doubt about their quality. Not only are the courses extraordinary but they also teach diamond jewelry estimation, an essential to enter the market."
ZEE BANGLES / ZEE BULLION
ZEE BANGLES / ZEE BULLION
GEMOLOGY PROGRAM CURRICULM
- Introduction to the world of gemstone.
- Crystallography – study on crystals growth, formation of atomic lattice, Gemstone habits, crystal system based on its elements of symmetry, twinned crystal.
- Rough gemstone identification, Gem deposits, knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Origin and structure of gemstone.
- Inclusions in stones as per species & varities, Unique inclusions for identification.
- Grading parameters of gemstones, Interconnection / interlink of Beauty, Rarity & durability and its effects on valuation.
- Internal & External factor that effect valuation
- PHYSICAL PROPERTIES – Hardness detection, Methods of scratch test, Difference between Hardness & Toughness, Cleavage, Fracture, Specific Gravity & others
- Practical Sessions
- PRACTICAL IDENTIFICATION OF OPTICAL PROPERTIES – Causes of color and how it influences valuation, Transparency, Effects and phenomena seen on gemstones and how it helps in identification, luster, Pleochroism, Phenomena due to Reflection, refraction, diffraction, dispersion
- INSTRUMENTS USED FOR PRACTICAL IDENTIFICATION OF GEMSTONES – Microscopes, Refractometer, Spectroscope, Dichroscope, Polariscope, U.V. Light, S.G. Liquid, Hardness testing Instruments, Filters, Loupe & others.
- Precious stones are known as such reflecting its rarity and as well as their quality and hardness, often used in fine jewelry.
- Color shades of various precious stones
- Semi precious stones, though a deceptive name, is not always any less valuable than precious stones. These stones are generally used in fine and fashion jewelry. Practical identification of semi-precious stones.
- ORGANICS - Organic Gemstones are composed or organic materials as well as fossilised organic structures, widely carved or inscribed for use as ornamental objects and less as gemstones
- ORGANICS: a) Amber. b) Ivory c) Coral. d) Jet
- EXORBITANT RARE STONES COLLECTIONS
- TREATMENTS - Identifications of treatments
- Unique system to identify Origin of precious stones.
- Sourcing Gemstones.
- Identification of Natural Gemstones (Rough & Polished) from its simulants & synthetics
a) Method of Synthesis-
b) Procedure and Leading Manufacturers of each method of synthesis.
c) According to the method of synthesis variety of stones carrying out the process.
d) Typical characteristic Inclusion according to the method of systhesis.
- Various shapes & Cut of Gemstones, Engraving on stones, drilled stones
- Terminology & nomenclature of gemstones as per Indian & International markets.
- How prepare Laboratory report / gem testing report
- Weights used in gem trade
- Market system of Gem buying & selling
- Gem Margins
- Gem language & Terms
- Uses of Gemstones. Gemstones in Jewelry
- Gemstones according to Planets (Navgraha)
- Gemstones as per Zodiac sign
- Gemstones of the month
- Gemstones for days of week
- Healing properties of gems as per illness
- DIPLOMA AWARDED -"Diploma in Gemology: Online" (BASIC + ADVANCED)
- Gem kit and Lab Manual